Heavy Equipment Operations and Engineering
Great buildings, parks, neighborhoods, roads and homes depend on a properly prepared site. Heavy Equipment Operations and Engineering will teach you to use and maintain a wide range of equipment—and to understand why and how to create landscapes that will support great structures.
- Operate earth-moving equipment under actual working conditions.
- Assemble, adjust, repair and maintain electrical, ignition, hydraulic, and cooling systems.
- Engage in minor engine repair, general maintenance, lubrication, and equipment safety.
- Conduct land surveys and read blueprints.
- Identify and measure the qualities of soils.
(Note: This is a high school program. For options for adults, click here.)
- NCCER Core
- NCCER Level 1& 2 -Heavy Equipment Operations
- Rough Terrain Forklift Operations
- Skud Steer
- Forklift Operation
- OSHA 10 -Construction
- CPR/First Aid
Currently offered; subject to change