Firefighting/ Emergency Medical Service
If you want to help people, can keep cool in intense situations, and are ready for a challenge, join the Firefighting/Emergency Medical Service program. You can earn Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-B) and professional fire fighter certification by the time you graduate. You’ll train in the same settings as local firefighters.
- Rescue, fire suppression, and other technical skills.
- Emergency medical training.
- Proper use of tools, apparatus, and equipment.
- Knowledge of hazardous materials operations.
- Scientific and mechanical principles associated with fire prevention and suppression.
(Note: This is a high school program. For options for adults, click here.)
In this program you can earn college credit!
- Fire fighter/EMT
- Fire safety inspector
- Fire officer
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-B)
- State of Ohio Professional Firefighter – Level 1
- State of Ohio Professional Firefighter – Level 2
- National Incident Management System 100, 200
- National Incident Management System 700, 800
- Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations
- OSHA 10 – Healthcare
Currently offered; subject to change
Search Ohio Means Jobs