Commercial and Residential Electricity
If you like to work with your hands and tools, and want to make sure things work properly (or can troubleshoot when they don’t), consider the Commercial and Residential Electricity program. You’ll not only work with wiring and equipment; you’ll also learn the most up-to-date motor controls and programmable logic controllers.
- Install electrical wiring, switches, receptacles, lighting fixtures, and similar devices according to the National Electrical Code.
- Read and interpret prints and building plans.
- Understand programmable logic controllers.
- Understand and safely use hand tools, power tools, and electrical testing equipment.
- Install and troubleshoot motor controls.
(Note: This is a high school program. For options for adults, click here.)
In this program you can earn college credit!
- Electrical apprentice
- Supply house worker
- Electrical journeyman
- Project manager
- Electrical engineer
- NCCER Core
- NCCER Level 1 & 2– Electrical
- Aerial Work Platform (AWP) Operation
- OSHA 10 -Construction
- Pre-Apprenticeship Electrical
- CPR/First Aid
Currently offered; subject to change