The Aviation Exploration Program is an exciting new two-year journey that prepares students for careers in managing all things flight -from the ground to the cockpit. You will master the art of flying drones by earning an FAA Commercial Drone Operator's License, delve into the intricacies of airport management, and gain invaluable hands-on experience toward earning a portion of the sought-after FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate, a steppingstone to becoming an aircraft maintenance expert. Finally, you will work toward obtaining an FAA Student Pilot Certificate. The sky's the limit!
The Aviation Exploration Program is for students who want a career in aviation but not sure where to start. Students will be able to work in the aviation industry to gail real-world experience. This program will help students start an aviation career such as UAS Drone Pilot, Aircraft Pilot, Aviation Technician, or Airport Operations.
- Regulations, safety procedures, and practical skills to operate commercial drones legally and effectively.
- Airport operations, management principles, and logistical aspects of running an airport.
- FAA Private Pilot Written Test Preparation
- Essential topics related to aviation theory and regulations, in preparation for the FAA Private Pilot Written Test
(Note: This is a high school program. For options for adults, click here.)
Essential Skills Infosheet
- Aviation airport management
- Aviation unmanned aircraft systems
- Aviation pilot training
- Students will have the chance to intern with aviation companies to gain real-world experience and build professional networks.
- Flight Simulation Training: Get hands -on experience through flight simulation sessions
- Field Trips: Visit local airports, aviation facilities, and drone-related industries for practical exposure.
- Graduates will be equipped with the necessary skills and certifications to pursue careers in aviation, such as drone operators, airport management, and aircraft mechanics.
- Students may also proceed toward obtaining a Private Pilot's License, Airframe Powerplant Certificates or continue higher education in aviation-related fields such as Aerospace Engineering or Aviation Business.
In this program you can earn college credit!
- Aircraft refueler or deicer
- Aviation security
- Ramp agent
- UAV operator/pilot
- Flight dispatcher
- Airframe technician
- Avionics technician
- Airport administrator
- Flight operations manager
- FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot Certification
- Snap-on Multimeter Certification
- 3M Protection
- OSHA -10 hour General Industry
Currently offered; subject to change