Animal Science and Management
Do you love animals? Have good physical stamina? Want to help animals live long, healthy lives? This program may be for you!
- Assist practicing veterinarians with treatment procedures.
- Conduct laboratory tests.
- Assist in the operation of a kennel or animal boarding facility.
- Administer nutritional and balanced diets for most common types of domesticated animals.
- Maintain sanitary and healthful environments for confined animals.
- Clean and groom animals.
(Note: This is a high school program. For options for adults, click here.)
In this program you can earn college credit!
- Pet shop employee
- Grooming bather/brusher
- Kennel assistant
- Veterinary assistant
- Laboratory animal caretaker
- Professional groomer
- Pet shop manager
- Kennel manager
- Animal control officer
- Forklift Operations
- OSHA 10-hour Agriculture
- CPR/First Aid
- Elanco Fundamentals of Animal Science Certification
- Elanco Veterinary Medical Applications Certification
- Pet First Aid and Disaster Response Certification
Currently offered; subject to change