- College Credits
In this program you can earn college credit!
Diamond Oaks: Tamara Kuhel firstname.lastname@example.org
Live Oaks: Kim Brown email@example.com
Scarlet Oaks: Pamela Nicodemus firstname.lastname@example.org
- Career Pathways
- Available Certifications
Animal Care Technologies – Animal Care Training Certificate of Completion
Industrial Forklift Operations
OSHA 10 for Healthcare
Pet First Aid and Disaster Response Certification
More questions? Contact us!
Are you looking for a way to indulge your love for animals and interest in science? The Veterinary Assisting program prepares you to care for a wide variety of animals and to assist veterinarians in treating animals. You’ll also learn animal handling and housing, laboratory techniques and tests, and the business and record-keeping side of a veterinary office.
- Prepare facilities and equipment for small animal surgery.
- Assist practicing veterinarians with treatment procedures.
- Maintain, analyze, and interpret animal health records.
- Demonstrate management practices for the care and management of small animals.
- Conduct laboratory tests.
(Note: This is a high school program. For options for adults, click here.)