Earning College Credit
Your work in your career program can qualify as college credit. Most career programs have agreements with area colleges and universities; if you choose to enter that similar program in college, your Great Oaks work will earn you college credit. See the complete list of college credit options below.
College Credit Plus
College Credit Plus is an Ohio program that allows high school students to earn college credit and apply that credit toward their high school graduation requirements.
Some courses are available on Great Oaks campuses; others are available at nearby college campuses.
- College Credit Plus overview
- Additional information about College Credit Plus for students in public schools
- Additional information about College Credit Plus for students in nonpublic schools
- Additional information about College Credit Plus for homeschooled students
- Notice of intent to participate
Ohio Transfer to Degree Guarantee
The Ohio Transfer to Degree Guarantee allows students to earn college credit, transferable to any Ohio public college or university with a similar program, just for successfully completing their Great Oaks program!
Ohio Transfer to Degree college credit is currently available for students in these high school programs:
- Animal Science and Management
- Automotive Service Technician
- Aviation Maintenance Technician
- Business and Marketing
- CNC Advanced Manufacturing
- Commercial & Residential Electricity
- Construction Framing and Finishing Technologies
- Construction Technologies
- Culinary Arts and Hospitality Services
- Dental Assisting
- Digital Arts and Design
- Engineering Technologies and Robotics
- Equine Science and Management
- Firefighting/Emergency Medical Service
- Health Technology
- Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning
- Heavy Equipment Operations and Engineering
- IT Academy
- Industrial Diesel Mechanics
- Law Enforcement
- Project Lead the Way-Engineering
- Secondary Practical Nursing
- Surgical Technology
- Teaching Professions
- Veterinary Assisting
Click here for more information about the Ohio Transfer to Degree Guarantee
- Can I participate?
- How can College Credit Plus benefit me?
- How do college courses earn me high school credit?
- How are high school graduation requirements affected?
- Where can I take college classes?
- Can I only take College Credit Plus courses through Great Oaks?
- Can I take courses during the summer?
- Will College Credit Plus grades appear on my high school transcript?
- How does College Credit Plus impact athletic eligibility?
- What are my academic and social responsibilities?
- What courses are available through College Credit Plus?
- Who pays for college admission, textbooks, fees, and transportation?
- What if I fail a class?
- Do the college credits transfer after graduation?
- I'm ready to sign up. What are next steps?