Early Childhood Education
People often say that their first teacher is their most memorable teacher. You can help young children get the right start in life through a career in Early Childhood Education.
- Work in an early childhood education center that promotes physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development.
- Establish an environment for children birth through age 8 that encourages safety, developmentally-appropriate play, exploration and learning.
- Demonstrate professional and business skills necessary to operate a successful preschool or early childhood education center.
- Supervise, guide and care for children during their learning experiences in art, music, social studies, science, language and literacy, and dramatic play.
(Note: This is a high school program. For options for adults, click here.)
In this program you can earn college credit!
- Preschool assistant
- Preschool teacher
- Early childhood teacher
- School counselor
- Elementary teacher
- Intervention specialist
- Early childhood center director
- Child Abuse Awareness & Prevention
- Council for Professional Recognition – Child Development Associate
- Communicable Disease Prevention for Childcare Personnel
- CPR/First Aid
Currently offered; subject to change