Earning College Credit
Your work in your career program can qualify as college credit. Most career programs have agreements with area colleges and universities; if you choose to enter that similar program in college, your Great Oaks work will earn you college credit. See the complete list of college credit options below.
Dual Credit Option
Students who qualify for Dual Credit programs can earn college credit hours while they are still in high school! This includes English, College Algebra, science, and social studies. The credits are transferrable to any Ohio public college or university. There is no cost for these classes.
The credits will be accepted at Hocking College or transferred to other postsecondary institutions in Ohio.
College Credit Plus
College Credit Plus is an Ohio program that allows high school students to earn college credit and apply that credit toward their high school graduation requirements. For more information, click here.
Ohio Transfer to Degree Guarantee
The Ohio Transfer to Degree Guarantee allows students to earn college credit, transferable to any Ohio public college or university with a similar program, just for successfully completing their Great Oaks program!
Ohio Transfer to Degree college credit is currently available for students in these high school programs:
- Animal Science and Management
- Automotive Technology--Mechanics
- Aviation Maintenance Technician
- Business and Marketing
- Commercial & Residential Electricity
- Computer Service Technician and Networking
- Construction Framing and Finishing Technologies
- Construction Technologies
- Culinary Arts and Hospitality Services
- Dental Assisting
- Digital Arts and Design
- Engineering Technology and Robotics
- Equine Science and Management
- Firefighting/Emergency Medical Service
- Health Technology
- Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning
- Heavy Equipment Operations and Engineering
- Industrial Diesel Mechanics
- Law Enforcement
- Precision Machining
- Project Lead the Way-Engineering
- Secondary Practical Nursing
- Surgical Technology
- Teaching Professions
- Veterinary Assisting
Click here for more information about the Ohio Transfer to Degree Guarantee